Thursday, April 19, 2012

Road Warriors

The very first weekend of March 2012 my mom and i decided to take all 3 of my girls on a road trip.
We made our way to Lubbock for my cousin Jen's Baby Shower. She has a daughter named Shelby and her new addition is a little boy named Rylen. We stayed at a hotel, which was terribly excited for the girls. It was literally like you shook them up like a bottle of soda and let go to see them bounce off the walls. They actually did quite good sleeping which was such a relief to both my mom and me so we could have some much needed rest. At the shower the twins stuck around us, being a little timid, but Halle played with a few other girls and Miss Shelby. My grandma, aunt jo, aunt brenda, cousin bill, and cousin alissa (jen's sister) were all there and it was good just to get to see them. (those get togethers just seem to get spaced further apart with everyone having their own families and expanding upon them)

After Lubbock we headed over to Carlsbad (where both my parents are from, where both sets of my grandparents live, plus cousins there too) We stayed at my Nana and Grandads and it became a home away from home for the girls. We did some swimming, which the girls love. We also had visits from my Cousin Chase and his wife Tara and then my Cousin Chris, his wife Leah, and their 18 month old Nathan. 
after swimming hugs of joy

We also, went and grabbed snow-to-gos (which is a must in Carlsbad, ever since we were little enough to hold one) and took the girls to feed the ducks (which of course is a really fond memory of mine growing up). 
A hand full of little girlies hugs

Also while i was in town, i visited with my Grandma and got to go through some of her crafts and fabrics in her sewing cave :)

My little 'Road Warriors'. This trip was quite the success considering they were only 20 months and 3 and a half. The older they get the more fun adventures can be. 







No comments:

Post a Comment